Hello everyone! Sorry for being absent this past month, life just kind of got in the way!
Today I thought it would be fun to share with you all my favorite book openings. Some of the books I have read, some I have not, but these openings sure got me intrigued!
1. Blue Sergent had forgotten how many times she’d been told she would kill her true love.– The Raven Boys
2. The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it, no paper notices on downtown posts and billboards, no mentions or advertisements in local newspapers. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.- The Night Circus
3. Ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious.- Angelfall
4. There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife.– The Graveyard Book
5. Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four Privet Drive were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.– Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
6. The first moments after the boys’s death pass for him in a confused and weighty blur.– More Than This
7. My father took one hundred and thirty two minutes to die. I counted.– Jellicoe Road
8. The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs don’t got nothing much to say. About anything. – The Knife of Never Letting Go
9. Why at the beginning of things is there always light?– The Narrow Road to the Deep North
10. Nothing about this room is real.– These Broken Stars