So I’ve been seeing the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag all around Booktube and it seemed like a really fun tag so I decided to do it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You can check out the original tag video here.
Note: Please don’t hate me if I bash any of your favorite books or characters ^-^
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like:
The Fault in Our Stars– I remember reading this when I was 13 and just not getting what the hype was about. I’m not saying I hated the book, but I just didn’t enjoy it as much as i would have liked. I didn’t even shed a tear during the entirety of it and I’m a major book cryer.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love:
The Selection Series– I know this series is dumb. I know the main character is the most insufferable character to exist. I know the love triangle is laughable. I know the whole selection process is a complete joke. But these books are so much fun. They are so entertaining and fast-paced and I really like them.
(not counting the 4th book because even I can’t handle that one)
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like:
Josh and Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After– I didn’t like this book and I didn’t like Josh and Isla together at all. It just felt as though Stephanie Perkins found the only 2 single people and mashed them up together. I was not a fan, sadly.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for:
Thriller, Mystery and Crime– Those genres are just not my type of thing.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like:
Chaol from Throne of Glass– I really liked him in the first book, but my opinion of him changed during the 2nd and 3rd book of the series. I know a lot of people love Chaol, but I just find him very bland, indecisive and annoying. (please don’t kill me :’D)
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into:
Scott Westerfeld– I read Uglies by him and found the book to be very dry and uninteresting. I also tried reading Afterworlds and couldn’t get into it. I guess I just don’t like his writing style.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing:
The chosen one, love triangles, good girl likes bad boy, 2 oh so quirky teenagers are so different from all other teenagers and speak with a vocabulary of 80 year olds– to name a few. I could go on and on and on and on and on…you get my point.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading:
The 5th Wave– Everyone loves this sci-fi novel so much, but I honestly have no intention of ever reading it. Plus I heard the sequel isn’t that great, soooo…
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Coraline– I actually really liked this book, but the movie is so much better in my opinion. I have seen the movie at least 20 times and I am in no way joking.
That’s the end! I really do hope you’re not in the middle of making a voodoo doll of me because I bashed one of your favorite books or characters.
Tell me if agree with any of my unpopular opinions or just let me know one popular book you didn’t like 😀
Hope you all had a lovely day and I’ll see you in my next post,